Inclusive Sustainable Global Development Many non-profits and social enterprises around the world are challenged to meet all of their organizational needs. Isla helps partner organizations build their capacity to serve their beneficiaries and communities by placing talented interns like you to help fill the gaps. We believe that it is essential that you work on a specific project coordinated by the host organization that is both a good fit for your particular skill set and can be accomplished during the time frame you are in country.
Join Isla today!
Join Isla today!
Explore and Discover the Options
- Now it is time for you to Investigate the internship possibilities in various destinations, sectors and career fields on the Isla website and decide upon three choices. Please note that we are always available to chat with you to guide you through the options. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on Skype at Isla Internships.
- Once you have decided on your destination and internship choice(s), register and complete the online application on the Isla website and submit the $50 deposit. You will be asked to upload your university transcripts, a CV (resume), and two letters of reference.
- At this point, Isla will give you a call to learn more about you. We want to ensure that you are placed in an internship that is the best fit for you.
Acceptance and Pre-Departure Preparations
- An invitation to join Isla with a mutually agreed upon internship offer will be sent to you. We will also send you the Scope of Work and an internship contract.
- Pre-departure orientation and travel preparations begin with lots of guidance from the Isla team.
- Global sustainable development training begins.
- The internship period will allow you to gain valuable international work experience, life skills, cultural awareness and sensitivity, and the confidence to help you develop personally and professionally.
- During this time, Isla will monitor your stay to ensure that you are benefiting from your internship and host family experience. You will receive weekly sessions with your host supervisor and periodic reflection survey requests from Isla.
- The beautiful part of your Isla internship is that you will improve your skills while helping your host organization improve their operations and outcomes. Make a lasting impact! Intern with Isla!